Check out our Daily Auctions page to see some of the best sports card auctions ending daily! And listen to our podcast Cards To The Moon!
If you believe in the list here of the “five young aces in the making,” then it wouldn’t hurt to see what their rookie cards are worth today.
What the five have in common is that they definitely have upside, performed well and/or better than expectations this season, and have great strikeout per inning ratios.
Of course, investing in pitchers are always a risky proposition, but it doesn’t hurt to see just for fun if it’s a low-cost investment (hint: four of them are…one of them isn’t).
Here are the five listed (and read the article for more in-depth analysis) and how much the cards are worth now on average (as of June 2017).
- Michael Fulmer
- 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft base autograph (BGS Graded 9.5/10), $30
- Lance McCullers
- 2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect base autograph (BGS Graded 9.5/10), $35
- Robbie Ray
- 2009 Upper Deck USA Future Watch auto relic (Ungraded), $8
- Carlos Martinez
- 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect base autograph (BGS Graded 9.5/10), $40
- Luis Severino
- 2015 Bowman Chrome Prospect base autograph (BGS Graded 9.5/10), $150